Ok before i posted this i did my homework and read the other threads on this subject, I bought a Motherboard from a friend of mine and i bought a housing for it, well i downloaded the manual and installed the motherboard. i went to plug it up turned the power supply on and a green light lit up on the motherboard, but when i go to push the power button nothing happens,

I then took everything out and did a bare start up just the motherboard,and harddrive and one stick of ram. I tried to start it up
and still nothing,the fan doesnt even run or anything so if anyone has any tips please help

my mother board is an asus p4p800_se
and a intel pentium 4 processor
and 1gb of ram

all the other stuff i have no idea

U didn't note WHICH fan didn't run. the CPU fan will not stop a boot sequence. a dead PSU will. even if the PSU fan runs (12DC) U could still have a bad one. system boards REQUIRE that at least one of the pins be AC voltage(that's the way it's been since day one), about 12v I think, hence the name, "SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY". No AC to the board = no boot. system boards are usually resilient pieces of hardware, possible that it's burned out but not likely. the next candidate is the CPU itself, BIOS, etc.

U didn't note WHICH fan didn't run. the CPU fan will not stop a boot sequence. a dead PSU will. even if the PSU fan runs (12DC) U could still have a bad one. system boards REQUIRE that at least one of the pins be AC voltage(that's the way it's been since day one), about 12v I think, hence the name, "SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY". No AC to the board = no boot. system boards are usually resilient pieces of hardware, possible that it's burned out but not likely. the next candidate is the CPU itself, BIOS, etc.

None of the fans work, the only fans on the computer is the one insie of the power supply and then one on top of the processor and when i turn the power supply on the motherboard the only thing that comes on is the green light on the motherboard. no fans move or anything, i did however take the battery out to reset the cmos and still nothing.

does anything i say help or anything

if no fans are running ANYWHERE then the obvious culprit is the PSU. the green light is powered by 12vDC such is the same with the CPU fan. if you're in doubt as to the CPU fan, U can test it (after removal) with a car battery. as indicated before, no AC to the board = no boot. MOST of the circuits on the board are DC, however, at least one HAS to be AC(12v) for the board to function.

if no fans are running ANYWHERE then the obvious culprit is the PSU. the green light is powered by 12vDC such is the same with the CPU fan. if you're in doubt as to the CPU fan, U can test it (after removal) with a car battery. as indicated before, no AC to the board = no boot. MOST of the circuits on the board are DC, however, at least one HAS to be AC(12v) for the board to function.

i just put my girlfriends power supply in my computer and its the same thing, the green light turns on but when i push the power button, nothing happend. so i took the power supply back out and put it back into hers.

anymore tips

just one or two: BIOS and/or mobo.

just one or two: BIOS and/or mobo.

how do i get it to bios when the computer wont even turn on ???

the BIOS is a IC chip, about the only one that U can safely remove by hand, CAREFULLY off of the mobo about 1 1/2 - 2 in. long about 5/8 in. wide.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.