I have a tecra 8100 laptop that will not boot. When you try and power it up you get absolutely nothing. Sometimes you will get a constant beeping, but it doesn't happen each time. The green indicator light for the power comes on but the hard drive will not spin nor do you get any display such as the POST screen. I can open the DVD drive so I'm sure there is power internally. PLEASE HELP!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Does the beeping have a pattern? If so, the pattern is a POST beep code; telling us the pattern and the make/version of your BIOS will help us pinpoint the problem.

Did anything out of the ordinary happen to the system just prior to the problem's occurrence.

Does the beeping have a pattern? If so, the pattern is a POST beep code; telling us the pattern and the make/version of your BIOS will help us pinpoint the problem.

Did anything out of the ordinary happen to the system just prior to the problem's occurrence.

I have exactly the same problem: I get 30 beeps when I turn it off. Please, let me know if you can help.

Hi arghimat, welcome to TechTalk :)

We ask that members not tag their questions on to a thread previously started by another member (regardless of how similar your problem might seem). Not only does it divert the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, but it also makes it less likely that you yourself will get the individual attention that you need.

Please start your own thread and post your question there. When you do, please try to give us as much specific info as possible regarding the problem (exact error messages, system specs, etc.). In your particular case, you should also describe the pattern of the beeps. For example: 2 short beeps-1 long beep- 3 short beeps- 2 long beeps- etc.-etc.

For a full description of our posting guidelines and general rules of conduct, please see this page:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/faq.php?faq=daniweb_faq#faq_rules

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.