:cry: This is my first time to post here.. my problem was my computer a pentium III 550 mhz. but it is always boot at 366 mhz only. so, i always found myself on cmos setup. everytime i turn my computer on it always go to cmos setup and configured it on 550 but nothing happens. i had changed my videocard to geforce2 but nothing happens too. pls help me. ty

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You will need to work out what the motherboard make and model is, and download the motherboard manual from the manufacturer's website.

In a system that old, there are bound to be 'jumpers' on the motherboard which need to be alrered to enable correct CPU detection. It sounds like the bus speed and clock multiplier jumpers (or switches) are incorrectly set.

(This is a hardware question by the way. Could it be moved to the Hardware section please?)

(This is a hardware question by the way. Could it be moved to the Hardware section please?)

Yes- done.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.