I havent had a new machine in some time but I finally invested in a new core2duo 6600 with some dual channel ram and an 8800gtx. After easily putting things together I booted up and got the new Gigabyte screen where it offers me the chance to edit bios, post tests etc.

I don't exactly know how this thing should work on first boot but it didnt move past the white gigabyte screen. I then tried to select an option from the list and it didnt recognize my keystroke to enter post test. What would generally cause this? Should it not go past this screen on its own? The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA965P-DS3.

I've built a few computers now and this one was by far the easiest with the clearly labeled case cords and motherboard so I dont know what I missed.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If this is a USB type keyboard you may have to enable it in the BIOS. If you have a ps2 keyboard it should work fine.

1 of 2 sticks of ram were DOA. With the good stick in it booted right up through POST.

Well that will certainly do it, I have to admit from what you described I didn't see that one coming.

Congratulation on your fix and new build.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.