When I go into control panel - sounds and audio devices - properties - it tells me that there is no audio device beside volume
and beside audio there is no playback + no recording device
I don't know whether the sound card is faulty ( It worked before I got a new hard drive put in ) or if it needs to be configured /installed

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I had had The same problem before, after I reinstalled Window XP. The reason was because my sound card requires Window XP SP2, after I reinstalled window XP, it rolled back to SP1. I'm not so sure about your case tho. You might go check if you have the same problem. Also try to reinstall the sound driver by your installation CD.

do all your windows updates then check the hardware manufactures site for sound drivers

When I go into control panel - sounds and audio devices - properties - it tells me that there is no audio device beside volume
and beside audio there is no playback + no recording device
I don't know whether the sound card is faulty ( It worked before I got a new hard drive put in ) or if it needs to be configured /installed

Your in the wrong forum

Check device manager. Under "sound, video, and game controllers" there may be a warning on one of the devices there. Right click and try to update or reinstall a device with a warning.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.