Hi
This seems to be the place I will find my answer!
I have a PC that will not always boot up. Will only work perhaps 1 out of 10 starts.
Motherboard is Foxconn 760GXK8MC
I have read about beep codes but this one does not give out any beeps when it fails. What is faulty?

All help gratefully received
Many thanks
reddebs

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Check that power supply. Make sure power connects are secure. It's a start.

Hi Thanks for this the power is getting through as the fans turn on and the PC makes a noise but that is as far as it goes. No beep no screen I would be grateful if anyone could help.
reddebs

Just because your fans or lights work doesn't mean your PSU is good. I'm not saying thats your problem but it is a common ailment, cheap and easy to test. also make sure your video card is set well. When it boots does it run well?
Does it turn off randomly?

Have you added in any extra drives to your computer recently?

If not then itSounds like one of 2 things either either the Video card or the PSU like mike said.

Try finding just an old video card and swapping it out to see if you can get a picture or whatever and makesure that all your cables are connected to the video card correctly and firmy and like mike said that the card itself is Set firmly in place.

If this does not solve the issue i would suggest buying a cheap PSU tester so that you can quickly find out if its your PSU or something else.

Good luck.

many thanks and I have managed to boot it and run a dxdiag and on initial looking to one run a few months ago the video card is not listed and the RAM has reduced from 512 to 480 so this weekend I am stripping it down and will start with the video card.
Have not heard of a PSU tester will look on ebay. Many thanks - any ideas as to why the RM is reduced?

it should all be there sometimes microshaft just does that

I have the very same problem with this mobo. I wondered if you solved the problem and what did you do?

Thanks

Hi We sussed that it was the graphocs card that had gone by taking it out and running with the onboard grahics. PC started every time. We have now added a new card and all is still ok. So I would strip down and gradually rebuild testing all the way! Good luck!

Thank for getting back so soon. I dont have a graphics card installed but will disconnect everything and try it again. Thanks again.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.