I recently had a problem with my computer and finally reformatted it. Everything was fine up until I started to play Final Fantasy XI, and graphic intensive game. My computer started to shut off instantly, and sometimes when doing very little such as web surfing.Here are some specs:
* Mobo = Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
* Graphics Card = Radeon X850 Pro
* CPU = AMD Athlon 1900+ 1.46 GHz
* RAM = 769 MB
* Harddrives = (2) SATA 250 GIG
* Power Supply = Coolmax 350 W (I Think)
This is what I have tried thus far:
- Dusted Computer
- Tried different CPU/CPU FAN
- Different RAM
- Checked Power Supply Fan which seems to be running properly
- Took CPU to 133 MHz in BIOS
- Put Silver Thermal Compound on HeatSink
Now I have been trying to monitor the heating of my computer because that is what I thought the problem was. So here is what it is running right now.
CPU Fan = 2789
CPU = 50
Mobo = 32
Voltage Monitor = 12.48
I am at a lose here, I don't know if the other CPU I tried is going bad as well or what. I think I installed the correct drivers for the Mobo and Graphics Card. Also I can only power my computer back on once I flip the Power Supply switch off for a few seconds.
So if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it, thanks so much for at least taking the time to read this. ^^ Take care and GOD bless!