Bit of an odd one this.

Running Windows XP Pro on a single workstation.
My MATSHITA DVD-ROM SR-8584A was working fine the other day, but now it is convinced it is only a CD ROM. The diagnostic tools I've run also seem to insist it is a cd-rom. I haven't had any luck finding drivers for it on the net as yet, but XP is reporting the drivers as fine anyway.... Any ideas anyone?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Just a brief follow up on this post - Newe DVD rom ordered and awaiting installation - I'll let everyone know if this fixes the problem.

PS - when people view the threads, how come no-one ever says - "I dunno either"?

PS - when people view the threads, how come no-one ever says - "I dunno either"?

Because it's a waste of time and contributes nothing. Plus I tend to delete posts like those. :cheesy:

If you still want to resurrect the old DVD drive, perhaps try uninstalling the entry for it in device manager, rebooting, and letting Windows reinstall it. You could also test it out in another PC.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.