Just this morning I woke up to find that my Dell Inspiron B130 isn't turning on. At first the battery light was on whenever it was connected to the AC adapter, but after 1 hr of charging it just turned off.I've tried removing the battery while the laptop connected to the ac, tried with both the battery and ac connected.

Around..2 Weeks ago I dropped some coffee that ended up screwing up my keyboard *some keys stopped working*. Is it possible that this 2 week old coffee some how messed with the motherboard?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.:'(

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The Coffee may have something to do with your probelem its hard to say however the first thing that i would suggest is trying to find another power cable for it and seeing if that makes any difference. you might also (if your feeling technical) try giving the whole thing a good strip down and a clean.

Hello,

My name is Mike, I’m a Technical Analyst located at Dell corporate headquarters in Round Rock, TX. I’m part of an internet outreach team developed to interact with the online community regarding technical questions and issues that customers face with Dell products. I’ve read your post and wanted to offer some help. First, I myself am guilty of dropping liquids on notebooks before so I know exactly this feels. Second, to address your question about the coffee, it is one of the worst, yet most common liquids to spill on a notebook. The reason being that even when it dries the coffee can eventually eat through the protective layers on the circuit board and bring the system down days, weeks, or even a month later (depending on the amount spilled and cleaned up.) Lasher511 has a very valid point though, give it a shot with a replacement power cable if one is available and if at all possible, strip the system down and give it a good cleaning. I’m not certain on the warranty for your system, but you may be covered with complete care if you purchased it when you bought the system. This speciailty warranty is basically an insurance policy for notebook systems and would cover this type of damage where a normal warranty wouldn’t. It never ceases to amaze me how many people have this warranty and don’t know it. So you may want to just double check here: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/en/warranty_information?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~ck=ln&lnki=0 . Just click on Warranty status and enter the service code on the bottom of the machine. This will tell you if you are still in warranty and covered by complete care. I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Mike B.
Dell customer advocate

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.