Hi!
My eMachine wont boot and hard disk wont run. As soon as it turns on it beeps 1, 3 times, 3 times and 1 more. The lights on the CD and DVD flashes and in about 30 to 40 seconds it goes off. What happened prior to this? I was changing the CD for another DVD, and my small screwdriver felt (handle down) onto a flat surface of the motherboard. I finished with the exchange and it started happening. I went back and replaced everything as it was, but it was still beeping. Just to be sure before I take it to the shop, could it be something else? And is it fixable? I mean, being an eMachine.(That I've had for 3 yrs. and with excellent performance! No complaints at all.

All help will be appreciated, thanks. Anibal

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You might have knocked something off of your board, or even knocked something like the RAM or a PCI card loose. Make sure all the cards are seated properly in the system. If all else fails, try to contact eMachines, because those POST beeps mean something, and they have the documentation to determine what they mean.

You might have knocked something off of your board, or even knocked something like the RAM or a PCI card loose. Make sure all the cards are seated properly in the system. If all else fails, try to contact eMachines, because those POST beeps mean something, and they have the documentation to determine what they mean.

I have an emachine that has a similar problem. It worked fine till the other day when I was going to do some maintenance. When I started the computer the start up tests went fine, did the black windows xp splash screen but then you get a blue flash and the video goes off. Computer stays on and hard drive light will flash intermittently but just kind of hibernates.

I changed drive and checked all connections in and out. No answer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.