I have a weird problem with my Toshiba Satellite 2100 CDT. It sometime work good, but sometime it freeze (hang) when I work with it and can't do anything except I just reboot with slide the power.

After I reboot, the leds indicator (the power, monitor and the battery indicator) turn on to green light, but there is no picture on the screen at all. the hard disk indicator and CD-Rom indicator are no light at all.

It seem stop/stuck after the monitor indicator turn on to the green light. If I unplug the power, the monitor indicator still turn on, but still there is nothing on the screen.
On the normal situation, after the monitor indicator on then the hard disk and the CD-Rom indicator turn on to green light.

I have tried unplug the power, the battery, and the hard drive, but I still have this problem.

If I leave it and don't touch it for 1 day/2 days, and I boot it, it work good. But after a few hours the fan keep running and it freeze again and can't reboot.

I dont know what problem, I hope you understand with my explaination and can help me solve this problem.

Thank you very much,

-alexz

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

wow it is realy laptop with AMD-K6®-2 processor at 400MHz? then it is about time to get new laptop

the problem you described is related to your graphic card. Basicaly its broken and nothing to do about it. Usually it is case of cooling broken down but in many cases chip on its own

You're right Peter. It's AMD-K6. I love this old one. I have another laptop HP, but this is the one I gave to my cousin. He call me that he got trouble with it and I try to fix it.

Oh please, there is something I can do to this problem. If the cooling broken, I will try to change it. Are you sure the the problem only on the cooler ? Do you have any idea/website that tell how to open/break a part this laptop ?

Thank you for your reply, appreciate it.
-alex

You're right Peter. It's AMD-K6. I love this old one. I have another laptop HP, but this is the one I gave to my cousin. He call me that he got trouble with it and I try to fix it.

Oh please, there is something I can do to this problem. If the cooling broken, I will try to change it. Are you sure the the problem only on the cooler ? Do you have any idea/website that tell how to open/break a part this laptop ?

Thank you for your reply, appreciate it.
-alex

Hi Alex,
I did not say it is cooling system only. I said it can be either failing fann or can be also chip which is failing and that can't be replaced :(

Any repair website :-/
I just found one and apparently it is for toshiba laptops http://repair4laptop.org/disassembly_toshiba.html

Peter

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.