Got an issue that is bugging me :(...

Came back home from work to find my computer won't switch on anymore... when i pressed the power button the fan would start to spin but then stop and wouldnt boot. tryed this serveral times and eventually nothing would happen. had a look inside to see any visual problems seems to be all shipshape. thought it might be the switch to turn it on but seems to be a orange light on so no problems there. power cable work fine. i'm thinking that it is a hardware issue of some sort... the computer is a I MEDIA 5054

any ideas ????

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by lasher511

might be a dead PSU, sometimes they have enough juice to light the LED but not enough to boot. If not then it could be a bad motherboard. PSU is the cheapest to replace (never open them yourselves!, just get a new one!)

did it overhat maybe?

Yeah i would say that its the PSU. I have found that power supplies never reliably fail by which i mean when they fail they can do odd things and they will never fail in the same way twice.

Have you added any new hardware to your computer recently?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.