OK, this has become real challange for me as I tried almost anything, now I am out of ideas...

The story:
It is my friend's old P3 comp, Runs on SOYO SY-7VBA133 mainboard, one small RAM stick, integrated everything, and small HDD.

The problem:
The PC was working perfectly untill now, then it suddenlly started restarting itself while in Windows... then it started to happen more frequently, then freezing during boot-up, and restarting and so on.

What I tried untill now:

1. formatting... restarts during set-up
2. Resetting BIOS with jumper and battery + removing cable - same problem
3. flashing BIOS - did not help, when I go to BIOS screen it shows same old version number of bios.
4. inspecting part-by-part - it says RAM, HDD are both OK.
5. Various things such as switching power to 220 Volts and back, cleaning fans etc, etc.

Now I am out of ideas and dont know why it still restarts itself and why I cant flas bios...

any suggestions? Thank you in advance

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Try to change your ram with the same speed. Where did you test your memory stick?

Have you tried to change the power supply?

Try to change your ram with the same speed. Where did you test your memory stick?

Have you tried to change the power supply?

1. I tested it on another machine
2. powe supply? you mean the cable or block itself?

The power supply unit or box.

What I mean is test your system with a known good power supply.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.