Hi All,

I have been trying to figure this out for a couple of days now... I hope someone can help me figure out whats wrong here... Thanks in advance.

Here are my system specs:

Dell XPS400
Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz
2.5 Gig Ram (2 x 1 Gig, 2 x 512 MB)
DVD/RW and CDRW Drives
80 GB SATA HD and 160 GB SATA HD
Radeon X1800 Video Card, (PCIe)

Here is the issue:

My computer fell off a platform it was sitting on, about 3 inches off the ground. It tiped over and went to Blue Screen, and was beeping continuously. I turned off my computer, and turned it on again. The computer was going through POST (that might be the right term, might not though) and the 4th light has not come on yet. (It hasn't loaded the Dell logo that it usually loads before the operating system.) Instead I have an error message on the top of the screen. It reads:

R520 LE P/N 113-A52009-101 BIOS 1.065V 500e/500m

Thats it. The screen is black and only has that message on it. After I did some research I figured out that the message seems to be relating to my graphics card (R520 = ATI Radeon X1800). I have had that graphics card installed for about 6 months and haven't had any issues. I have not tweaked it or played with it since the install. Could this all be an issue due to the Motherboard or is it definatly a graphics card issue? Could it be that the slot the card is in is causing the issue? What would you recommend I do to further diagnose the problem?

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Check and reseat your video card and memory sticks.

hi juxtapilot,

check if there's any loss connection on your mobo, try removing your video card and memory sticks and put it back properly...if it doesn't work, try to boot up without the HDD see if it works and reset the BIOS.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.