I tried to post this earlier; no go.
I am very new to the Mac world. Purchased airport extreme card online, tried to install it myself. When I tried to power up my iBook, nothing. Black screen. Had to remove the airport extreme card to make my mac operational again. Please help, I am just a rookie. Thanks.
Bon

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello,

Did you by chance insert the card backwards, or upside down?

What kind of iBook do you have? If it is one of the older older ones, it might not be Airport compatable.

Let us know.

Christian

I am very new to the Mac world. Purchased airport extreme card online, tried to install it myself. When I tried to power up my iBook, nothing. Black screen. Had to remove the airport extreme card to make my mac operational again. Please help, I am just a rookie. Thanks.
Bon

ever tried this? http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58535

Bon

OMG! I'm having the exact same problem! I bought the card on Sunday and I tried to install it yesterday. I followed the instructions written on the iBook and on the guide included in the box and nothing, it doesn't power up with the card on! That is SO weird...

Please help me. And thank you very much in advance!

i have an iBook g4 with the AirPort Extreme Card installed and i pick up signal from any nearby router...my friend jus purchased a PowerBook G4 with the same AirPort Extreme Card preinstalled by the Apple Store themselves but doesnt pick up signal as i do..we've put the laptops right next to each other and i pick up signal but he doesnt...whats up with his card? help anyone

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.