Hi...hoping that this is the correct post.

Older version Win xp pro.

Short story. Not long ago I clicked an 'okay' instead of a 'no' and completely screwed up my laptop. I had to format and, of course, when I went to get my recovery disk it wasn't anywhere to be found. (no backup...duh me!!) What resulted is a laptop that has everything downloaded manually. It seeeems to be working fine except for....
When I go turn it off via 'start/turn off computer/turn off' it goes through all of the motions but after the screen turns black the on/off button is still glowing blow. (power on) I'm fairly certain that somewhere in admin tools there must but something that I can change...I just don't know what. I don't like having to force shutdown every time.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Kurt

Hi,

Try this, in the power option (control panel) and in one of the tabs there is an option called "turn APM (advanced power management) on", check it. I think this will solve the problem. I would like to give you further details but my laptop is at home but I faced similar problem in the past and solve it like this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.