Hi,

I built my pc round 3 months ago. Heres the system:

ASRock 775Dual-VSTA mobo
Pentium D 820 2.8 ghz
1gb DDRII RAM
ATI Radeon 1300 GFX card
MAXTOR 160gb HDD

The barebones were a handmedown from my brother in law. It has been running like a dream since I built it however the other day my girlfriend was running the vacuum round and bumped the base unit and it switched itself off..... I have disconnected everything and reconnected and still nothing. Thinking it may be a power supply problem I went out and bought a new one and still nothing. When I switched on nothing however when I unplugged it again I hear a small noise from the power supply as if its powering down but the power supplies fans dont come on. I baffled and currently sat here feeling like an amputee.....

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by TT4Titans

When you you say bumped the base actually how hard was the bump.

open the case and make sure everything is seated good Ram,Video card cables everything.

Not hard at all. Thats whats baffling. I have made sure everything is attached correctly took it apart nd put back together and still nothing.

Could be the power switch itself take a multimeter and put on the wires for the power button and have someone push the button and see if there is any continuity.I have seen this happen on a couple.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.