chardos 0 Newbie Poster

Hi,

I recently dropped a chunk of cash on a LCD monitor/HDTV only to find out that I need to hook up a cable/satellite 'box' to be able to watch TV on it. I don't have one of those, and don't intend to have one of those so I'm looking at getting a usb TV tuner. I thought at the time that the monitor had a coaxial input but apparently I was wrong or didn't look hard enough. (I got it on craigslist, its in absolutely pristine condition and was about half what it costs new, I guess this model just lacks a coaxial input.)

Can anyone direct me towards a good one of these? I don't want to spend over 50 bucks and the cheaper (price, not quality) the better.

Or if anyone knows a lot about this sort of stuff, I can give you the inputs it does have and see if there are any adapters that can take care of it. I've seen some RCA to coaxial adapters but I'm not sure if that would work because the lack of a coaxial input might mean the lack of a TV tuner altogether.

If it helps, its a Olevia 32" model# 332-b11, inputs on the back include HDMI, VGA, a bunch of RCA inputs, S-video, and two crazy ports I've never seen before (one is 'firmware upgrade port' -- looks like usb -- other is 'RS232C control port.')

I understand this is more hardware/TV related than monitor/display related, but any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

-Rich

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.