Hi, this is my first time here & I dont know if this is in the right section but...my girlfriend computer appears to have died-but i thought i would try and figure out what was going on. So here is what has happened:
1) error message came up a number of times saying there was a corrupt file on the computer (she didnt note down what it was and kinda ignored it)
2) when she tried to load it yesterday it came up with that blue screen where it scans the system (possibly the c drive)
3) it then went to the following error message :
" winlogon.exe - Unable to Locate Component
This application has failed to start because COMTL32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
4) she hit ok and the following message appeared:
" User Interface Failure
The Logon User Interface DLL msgina.dll failed to load.
Contact your system administrator to replace the DLL, or restore the original DLL."
5) You then have to click restart and it goes back to 3).
This all happens before windows loads up and so my knowledge about computers (purely about windows) is completely useless & I would love some assistance!!