I have a barcode scanner (UF-101 PS/2 keyboard wedge). Was working fine one day, the next it won't read anything. (Shines the LED light on the barcodes, but won't "read" them).

So I bought a new scanner (POSX Xi200, also a PS/2 keyboard wedge), but it doesn't work either. Tried both on a different machine (should've tried this first) and both work fine.

So evidently the problem is with the computer, not the scanner. Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,
~kyle

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Some of your drivers/options could be messed up; try going into Device Manager and clicking "reset to defualts". Otherwise you could just reinstall Windows.

Seems to have fixed itself... I ran Registry First Aid, re-seated the PS/2 plug a couple times (with power off, of course), then re-started the computer. Maybe a pin was bent or corroded, or maybe there was a driver conflict that RFA cleaned up. Whatever, seems to be working now.

Thanks,
~kyle

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.