Member Avatar for booman

Booman here again, I also have a blinking red shield icon that blinks with a white "X" then a blue "?". It's some type of spyware remover. Can't seem to get rid of that either. Very annoying to say the least. Thanks.

Booman here again, I also have a blinking red shield icon that blinks with a white "X" then a blue "?". It's some type of spyware remover. Can't seem to get rid of that either. Very annoying to say the least. Thanks.

Hello Booman,

Please have a look at my linky here--> PhilliePhan's Malware Cleaning Steps for instructions on how to run HijackThis. Note that I do link a slightly older version of HJT, but it does the job just fine. Be sure to RENAME hijackthis.exe as I describe in the post.

-- Please obtain the HJT Log (if you want to update to Trend Micro's version of HJT, that's cool) and also do the ESET Online Scan step and obtain that scanlog.

-- Please post those logs in this thread and I or one of the other volunteers would be happy to help you as time permits.

Best Luck :)
PP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.