I am currently running Windows XP home edition and am running into several different problems was hoping someone could help out a computer idiot. Problems include not being able to download some internet sites including windows updates. Consistantly receiving can't find page errors, and now the newest is that my security settings don't support Activex. My son tried to run the new Sims game and received ActiveX error code unreliable cabinet. Can you help me.

I'd suggest you post a hijackthis log.
http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html
Download, save it to a permenant folder like C:\hijackthis, then run it by double clicking the icon. Click scan in the bottom left. When complete the scan button will change to a 'save log' button. Click it, save the log somewhere you'll be able to find it, then paste the contents of the file in here.
NOTE: Do NOT fix anything yet. This is a snapshot of your system, so most of it will be legitimate.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.