I want to ask about ESET Nod32 antivirus and its efficiency. I have just got its reseller who is selling it at $37/ 3 users license.

Should I buy it or I should prefer AVG or McAfee.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Both NOD32 and AVG are just as good as eachother. Please don't use McAfee, there AV is not as efficient bad company and it's the only AV which actually messes with your computer.

I want to ask about ESET Nod32 antivirus and its efficiency. I have just got its reseller who is selling it at $37/ 3 users license.
Should I buy it or I should prefer AVG or McAfee.

In my experience I would say that, dollar for dollar, Nod32 and Kaspersky would be the best choices if someone were to spend the cash.
AntiVir / AVG / AVAST! are some decent FREE options.

Please don't use McAfee . . . . it's the only AV which actually messes with your computer.

Can you clarify that? It's a bit vague and not really helpful to say something like that without giving more information.

Cheers :)
PP

Can you clarify that? It's a bit vague and not really helpful to say something like that without giving more information.

Well, it's happened to me. My uncle was messing with the registry for about 14 hours tweaking it back to normal, later McAffee said it was a bug and they were sorry and we got a refund. That was it, horrible company, stay very far away from them. I personally use Norton, it is good but it slows down your computer.

Well, it's happened to me. My uncle was messing with the registry for about 14 hours tweaking it back to normal, later McAffee said it was a bug and they were sorry and we got a refund. That was it, horrible company, stay very far away from them. I personally use Norton, it is good but it slows down your computer.

I am sorry you had a bad experience with McAfee - Thanks for elaborating!

In my experience, most complaints I have heard about an AV product concern Norton and how it is a resource hog and a real pain to fully uninstall. If you want to talk about an AV that really leaves a huge footprint on your compy, it's Norton....

That said, Norton is still an effective product - It does its job and does it well.
I would still choose Kaspersky or Nod32 if I were to spend the same amount of cash for a license, though . . . ;)

PP

I am sorry you had a bad experience with McAfee - Thanks for elaborating!

In my experience, most complaints I have heard about an AV product concern Norton and how it is a resource hog and a real pain to fully uninstall. If you want to talk about an AV that really leaves a huge footprint on your compy, it's Norton....

That said, Norton is still an effective product - It does its job and does it well.
I would still choose Kaspersky or Nod32 if I were to spend the same amount of cash for a license, though . . . ;)

PP

Yep it's a hog and it seems pretty easy to uninstall, but hard to disable it properly.

And I do reccomend Nod32 or Kaspersky still ;)

Member Avatar for mussdroid

avast

I would rather Suggest a Antivirus and a Malware removel tool .
You can use AVG or Avast for Antivirus and Rogue killer for the Malware removal tool .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.