Hi guys,
Thanks for having me on this great site.
I need someone to help me with what seems to be a virus problem?
After downloading a sus file from 360 Share, I have 'Low or no Connectivity'. I cannot get online on my main unit, so have to revert to my laptop. What kind of virus could this be and how can I get rid of it?

Regards,
Chris.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

What exactly WAS the file you downloaded? Can you UNINSTALL it? That would be my first choice.
360 Share is a clue....peer-to-peer sharing can be very dangerous. Did you scan this file with your anti-virus program BEFORE installing it?

Hi my friend,
Thanks for the prompt reply!
It was a file called pcdj.exe. The programme was alerted with AVG, but did not heal or delete it. The programme is running great, but it knocked out my internet connection and some programmes are not showing my dvd drives, such as Roxio DVD Creator. So you reckon removing it/ uninstalling it would be necessary?

Chris.

Well the choice would have to be yours on whether to keep it or not. I don't know anything about the program except what I found online that it is a mixing program. But I know if I had downloaded a program that ITSELF worked great but damaged my other programs and my ability to go online or slowed by internet connection then I would be very leery of it. If it damaged other programs probably means it has changed some key files also. I wouldn't keep it. The normal rule of course is, if your problems began with the download of a program then probably what needs to be done is get rid of the program. But the choice is yours.

Get a few anti viruses then set them all to scan and if that fails just backup what you want and reboot

Hi,
I have since uninstalled pcdj.exe after your original advice. Now what can I run to correct the problem with the corrupted or damaged files?
I ran AVG full version, but to no effect. What else do I run? Is there a patch which I can get?

Chris.

Get a few anti viruses then set them all to scan and if that fails just backup what you want and reboot

Don't EVER "get a few anti-viruses", this is bad advice...ONE anti-virus program installed is the rule. ONLINE scans are fine, but not more than one actual PROGRAM installed on the computer.

Hi,
I have since uninstalled pcdj.exe after your original advice. Now what can I run to correct the problem with the corrupted or damaged files?
I ran AVG full version, but to no effect. What else do I run? Is there a patch which I can get?

Chris.

You SHOULD definitely try some scans first to be certain there was no infection involved here. If there was then removal "may" correct your problems, if there are infections and removal doesn't correct the problems you do need the computer to be clean in order to repair any damaged files.
First do this:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBA-M) to your Desktop.

* DoubleClick mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install MBA-M.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When MBA-M finishes, Notepad will open with the log. Please save it where you can find it easily. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt.
Reboot the computer.
Next do the ESET Online Scanner
# You will need to use Internet Explorer to to complete this scan.
# You will need to temporarily Disable your current Anti-virus program.

# Be sure the option to Remove found threats is checked and the option to Scan unwanted applications is Checked.
# When you have completed that scan, a scanlog ought to have been created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please post that log for us as directed below.

Next do the following: Download HiJackThis
to the desktop. Double click to run and do a Full System scan and save the log.
Post back here with the ESET log, the MBA-M log and the HJT log.
Judy

Hi,

Chris.

just try updating it as i have avg pro aswell, but the easiest way i would suggest is to back up the data you want onto some portable media then reboot it wiping all viruses and nasties off there then reinstall the o/s

add me on msn : <snip></snip> if you need anything

just try updating it as i have avg pro aswell, but the easiest way i would suggest is to back up the data you want onto some portable media then reboot it wiping all viruses and nasties off there then reinstall the o/s

There is absolutely NO reason to wipe the drive, or purchasing a pro version of what you all ready have. The scanning and removal ability of AVG Free is the same as the Pro version. Wiping the drive should be considered only as a last resort. Follow the steps I have given you and see what else may remain. If there are remaining files just the removal of them may correct your problems.
Judy

Hi Judy,
I will take your advice as I know quite a bit about anti-virus software etc. I will let you know how I get on with it as soon as Christmas is over as I am using my laptop presently.
Thank you so very very much for your kind support and GOOD advice!
Happy CHRISTmas,

Chris.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.