Dear All
i'm new user with your usefull community & this is my first thread here, i hope that you could help me..
I'm facing many problems with something called "Cita Fitri" is't Virus Or Spyware,it affect the KERNAL in Windows,I hope that someone show me how to clean my computer from this,i'm using Symantec Anti virus but it failed to catch it,although it has been detected by AVG and clean it,after few days it appear again!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Firstly, pick ONE AV and stick to it (and PLEASE get AVG crapware of your system!!). Multiple AV's leads to conflicts and gives you less protection than one single good AV.

DL both "Hijackthis" and MalwareBytes... install and scan. Avoid any fixes directly after scans and post result here... then we can have a look over and see if anything looks suspicious.

Do not be quick to trust what AVG has flagged - it has a higher rate of false positives than almost any AV on the market.

Malwarebytes' instructions we generally use here are very clear so I would request that those be used:
* DoubleClick mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install MBA-M.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When MBA-M finishes, Notepad will open with the log. Please save it where you can find it easily. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.