Hello to all...
First timer here and will make it short.
I have XP and major interferences and problems. I am sure they are all related somehow but will bow to the "lords of IT" that I have seen helping in here. This is a great site and I'm glad I stumbled upon it.
I currently have Norton Sys Works 2005, Spybot, SpyFerret, SpySubtract with CWShredder and NoAdware - all but Norton were loaded in effort to solve problems.
Now to my dilemma...
1. when computer boots up, it is extremely slow.
2. when I log onto Internet (with IE), my default keeps resetting to "about: blank"
3. once in, Norton tells me I have a "Trojan" file and it can't get rid of it.
4. every few minutes I get either an "Aurora" pop-up or something with the title "Only the best".
5. the computer has slowed to a crawl due to all this stuff, I'm sure.
I just recently began reading some of the threads in here and decided I would join so that I could get some specific help, rather than jumping on someone else's "bandwagon".
Thanks in advance, keep up the good work that I've seen and I will definitely tell friends about you guys!