Computer: Dell Laptop

Hey guys, my mom gave me this totally wrecked laptop from viruses to fix. It has this virus called 'Antimalware Doctor' and ever since it got installed from her laptop, a bunch of stuff would pop up and nothing opens(firefox,regedit). I even tried putting HJT on a usb but when i clicked on the device it said that device was not found. Please help me, I even tried on safe mode. Oh yeah i forgot to mention that i tried booting up kaspersky rescue disk, but it would just freeze when I would get to the graphic interface.

EDIT: ok yeah, i tried booting the laptop up again and the USER was not found at the startup. Usually it would be my moms name that would be on there but now its asking for a username and password ..... this is so messed up please help me i cant even access the friggin computer anymore. AHHHHHHHHHH

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Computer: Dell Laptop

Hey guys, my mom gave me this totally wrecked laptop from viruses to fix. It has this virus called 'Antimalware Doctor' and ever since it got installed from her laptop, a bunch of stuff would pop up and nothing opens(firefox,regedit). I even tried putting HJT on a usb but when i clicked on the device it said that device was not found. Please help me, I even tried on safe mode. Oh yeah i forgot to mention that i tried booting up kaspersky rescue disk, but it would just freeze when I would get to the graphic interface.

EDIT: ok yeah, i tried booting the laptop up again and the USER was not found at the startup. Usually it would be my moms name that would be on there but now its asking for a username and password ..... this is so messed up please help me i cant even access the friggin computer anymore. AHHHHHHHHHH

I dont know why my edit button went away but i found out some more information. There is another virus called "Vista antivirus 2011" thanks.

i had this on my pc had to use spybot s&d to get it cleaned up seemed to work restarted scanned again with malwarebytes and spybot s&d for good measure everything was clean for weeks ...now its back
i'm wondering if I ever really got rid of it to begin with

You also may need to rename your mbam.exe to something random like e2dcr2.exe ( at least until you get the virus removed ) ... most of the ransomeware blocks some common executable files from running, espically anti-virus and anti-malware exe files.

yes bump please

can someone please help me, the virus is getting worst. When i startup my computer now everything got deleted (from the desktop and startup programs) but I think it can still be restored because the space on my hard drive is occupied. Please help me i cant system restore either :(

I apologize for us missing your thread. We have few helpers here and all are volunteers and occasionally that happens. I know it doesn't help just trying to explain.Unless tools can be installed onto the computer using either Safe Mode with Networking or via a CD/DVD disk, USB drive or an external drive there isn't a whole lot that you are going to be able to do short of reformat. Neither these infections you mention can be removed manually and both require the use of MBA-M and several other tools.
The steps that would need to be done to begin with would not include HiJackThis. That isn't used a lot today. The steps needed would be those found on our Read Me First Sticky found at the top of list of threads. The link is given again below.

http://www.daniweb.com/hardware-and-software/microsoft-windows/viruses-spyware-and-other-nasties/threads/134865

How do you know for sure these two infections are on the computer?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.