I recently formatted my harddrive in order to wipe my laptop completely so I could start fresh with alot of things especially for college.

I wished to download a file but it required me to download it with IE as it didn't support any other browsers.

I have Popup Blocker Pro, Spybot Search & Destroy, Adaware SE Personal, and Avast Antivirus Professional.

After loading that IE page I have had constant attacks of one popup showing up every 20 minutes or so, I have run all my spyware etc programs and they have found things, but when they have removed them or quarantined them, it still doesn 't do anything to stop these popups.

Any help please?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I recently formatted my harddrive in order to wipe my laptop completely so I could start fresh with alot of things especially for college.

I wished to download a file but it required me to download it with IE as it didn't support any other browsers.

I have Popup Blocker Pro, Spybot Search & Destroy, Adaware SE Personal, and Avast Antivirus Professional.

After loading that IE page I have had constant attacks of one popup showing up every 20 minutes or so, I have run all my spyware etc programs and they have found things, but when they have removed them or quarantined them, it still doesn 't do anything to stop these popups.

Any help please?

did you try to remove on Windows SAFE Mode???

did you try to remove on Windows SAFE Mode???

Yes

Hi,
can you download Hijackthis, run it and post the log here,
regards
Zoned

Here's the link:

http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/hijackthis.zip

One thing to be sure of when running a scan--the program's in a permenant folder. To do this, create a new folder inside Program Files, and name it 'HJT'. Then, when ya download HJT, immedeatly drag the HJT icon into this newly-created folder, and run it from here.

After doing this, run a scan and post the results.

Thanks.

Also, after ya post, what was the software ya were tryin to install? Jus curious.

Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.