I am not sure where did I pick up this virus, but i do not want it. I have already tryed add or remove programs in my control panel. No luck. It must have something to do with the registry, but I can not able to clean that.The other day someone in yahoo answers suggest a remove dosearches guide. It requires to download an antivirus not heard before,I just want to make sure everything won't go wrong again.
I would like to get rid of it before it does any damage. A little help would be APPRECIATED!!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Better to be a free solution if possible.

Whatever you do, DO NOT download an antivirus from these knuckleheads! It is (to me at least) an obvious attempt to pwn your system and add it to some malware botnet. As to how to remove it, have you tried mainstream A/V software, including legitimate free/open-source ones like ClamAV?

You can remove do sereches from your browese by going to setting tab and disable this default searche page .

Same thing happened to my pc i tried a lot of things but in the end i had to reinstall the entire windows any else solutions if someone can tell would be most helpful and welcomed.

Do-searches can modify the shortcut to the web browser. Even if you change the homepage it still comes up I assume? Check the path of the shortcut you are using... make sure that it only points to the file location with no modifier.

i will try it next time if it appears for now it is solved as i have reinstalled the whole windows.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.