my system was infected with virus after cleaning my system i canot open my file by double clicking will any body help me to counter this problem

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Check your control panel to see if the virus corrupted the folder options section.
In there you should be able to test the speed of the double click that requires you to open folders on your PC. Also do an antivirus scan to make sure it has been totally removed.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Thats the reason virus have left the file autorun.inf into drives and if you double click it executes the command lines or have information to launch the .exe file...they are hidden files and if you delete it till it not solves the problem...Wait for Crunchie he will give a solution for that.

hi kamran, try using AVG anti-virus, it might solve your porblem...it's free for download...

im new here. but i seem to encounter the same prob.you mean the drive? when u try to double click the drive it wont open? an error message will appear? if that's what you mean. then you can just type the drive location in the address box.. like C: then go. or you can use Disk heal. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.