Is there any way to add an item to the GNOME menu?

I installed LMMS from sources, and it doesn't appear in Applications -> Sound & Video

I hate running it from a terminal (or making a launcher even).

Also, how could I rename the menu options? Like, from Sound & Video to Music? Etc.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by linux

My memory's a bit rusty, but I think right-clicking does most of the magic. Right click within a category, and a contextual menu should appear that includes an option to add a launcher. I can't remember if you can rename menu categories by right-clicking on them, but I think there should be some sort of 'properties' dialog that you can access. Hope that helps. You can also check the Gnome documentation, which I'm sure would answer your questions.

When you right click, it does nothing! I've tried that multiple times, but thank you for your input!

Select the following menu:
System > Preferences > Main Menu

This will open an application to control your main menu.

You can:

• re-order items (drag things around or use up/down buttons).
  • hide items (un-check the display check-box)
  • change display name, icon, and comments of existing entries (Right-click>Properties or Double-click)
  • add a new separator, item, or menu (buttons on the right)

If you mess-up you can revert both for individual item and the whole menu (note: I have never tried this; also, I do not know what it reverts to---last state or factory default).

Is there any way to add an item to the GNOME menu?

I installed LMMS from sources, and it doesn't appear in Applications -> Sound & Video

I hate running it from a terminal (or making a launcher even).

Also, how could I rename the menu options? Like, from Sound & Video to Music? Etc.

I never knew that the Main Menu application had that capability! Thank you very much.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.