i just installed on my machine last version of slackware.for the moment it runs perfectly :cheesy: .
i wanted to be able to play media files but nothing seems to be able to run, neither mp3 or ogg nor mpeg, mpg & avi.
can somebody tell me exactly what i need to install in order to be able to listen and play video+music files?
i tryed several players (xine, xmms, kaboodle, noatun) but nothing changed

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for TKSS

What sound card do you have? You'll need to find out what sound card you have and what module it will need to run.

Then go into /etc/modules.conf and uncomment the line for your sound module. Reboot and everything should be nice sounding :)

Do you get any error messages when you try to play media with any of those players?

You can also try (as root):

# chmod 755 /dev/dsp

The OP never said anything at all about iTunes or Mac - they're using Slackware Linux. While the information you posted might be useful, it had nothing to do with the original question.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.