I have windows vista home basic installed on my system. Now i need to format and reinstall vista. The problem is that along with vista i have Ubuntu linux installed inside windows (on other partition).
So i am afraid that on reinstalling vista ,there would be a problem
with the boot loader of Ubuntu.

Please guide me how to keep Ubuntu and reinstall vista.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

while installing vista, i believe there is going to be little you can do. After you have installed vista, you want to try and re-enable GRUB to handle boots. There are forums around this topic and apparently a SuperGRUB CD which might be something easier to use.

while installing vista, i believe there is going to be little you can do. After you have installed vista, you want to try and re-enable GRUB to handle boots. There are forums around this topic and apparently a SuperGRUB CD which might be something easier to use.

thank u........i got some ways to re-enable grub from the forums

I am a newbie but I just happen to stumble on Sun virtual box software which suppose to be able to install Window OS in Linux. Haven't try it. Maybe you can give it a try.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.