Can someone help me accomplish the following on my unix box? Can someone walk me through step by step for each task? I'm connecting to a machine using UBUNTU with SSH with admin priviledges.
1. Create an account for myself as administrator
2) create one additional regular user account which does not have sudo
privileges, it is just regular user.
a) create a login name
b) establish appropriate group(s)
c) create the home directory
d) create the login shell
e) establish a pass word for the user
f) set an appropriate PATH
g) place appropriate files in the home directory
3) Identify the version of the OS and relative data.
4) Identify the nature of the hardware providing relevant
5) Use cron to execute a particular program at 10 PM every
6) Write a script to identify current users on the system with
an indication of the actions they are performing. Identify only users.
7) install xpdf