Hi, I'm using the following Linksys wireless adapter and the Router+adsl: Dual Band Wireless - N USB WUSB600N and Wireless -N ADSL2 +Gateway WA&160N.

Each time that I log on I get the follwing error in my System Event Viewer:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Dhcp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1002
Date: 8/26/2009
Time: 11:21:25 AM
User: N/A
Computer: FAMILYROOM
Description:
The IP address lease 192.168.1.100 for the Network Card with network address 001EE5E4EE69 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

I shall be grateful if someone from the network group could could help me to resole this unpleasant error.

Recommended Answers

It looks to me as though the two devices are using identical IP addresses, which is a no-no. (192.168.1.1 is the same as 192.168.1.100)
Change the default address of the router.

Jump to Post

All 7 Replies

open command prompt and type ipconfig /release, then type ipconfig /renew.

Member Avatar

Have you tried to release and renew your ip add? mybe that can help...

open command prompt and type ipconfig /release, then type ipconfig /renew.

After doing that, regretfully, now in addition to the first System error mentioned, I get a second system error as below:

"Event Type: Error
Event Source: ipnathlp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 31008
Date: 8/26/2009
Time: 8:04:24 PM
User: N/A
Computer: FAMILYROOM
Description:
The DNS proxy agent was unable to read the local list of name-resolution servers from the registry. The data is the error code."

just don't know what to do!

this link may be of use to you.

it seems that when 2 or more PC's are internet sharing (ie using one as a gateway onto the www) a conflict arises, here are some fixes.

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=31008&eventno=539&source=ipnathlp&phase=1

hope this helps you out.

Thank you, it was a knowledgeable information. But didn't provide any solution. Bedsides, I am a single home wireless user with no sharing.

It looks to me as though the two devices are using identical IP addresses, which is a no-no. (192.168.1.1 is the same as 192.168.1.100)

I checked the Routers general setup page and the followings are there:

Local IP address: 192.168.1.1
Starting IP address: 192.168.1.100

So which one do you want me to change?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.