Hi, I'm using the following Linksys wireless adapter and the Router+adsl: Dual Band Wireless - N USB WUSB600N and Wireless -N ADSL2 +Gateway WA&160N.

Each time that I log on I get the follwing error in my System Event Viewer:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Dhcp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1002
Date: 8/26/2009
Time: 11:21:25 AM
User: N/A
Computer: FAMILYROOM
Description:
The IP address lease 192.168.1.100 for the Network Card with network address 001EE5E4EE69 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

I shall be grateful if someone from the network group could could help me to resole this unpleasant error.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

open command prompt and type ipconfig /release, then type ipconfig /renew.

Member Avatar for rnyamonga

Have you tried to release and renew your ip add? mybe that can help...

open command prompt and type ipconfig /release, then type ipconfig /renew.

After doing that, regretfully, now in addition to the first System error mentioned, I get a second system error as below:

"Event Type: Error
Event Source: ipnathlp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 31008
Date: 8/26/2009
Time: 8:04:24 PM
User: N/A
Computer: FAMILYROOM
Description:
The DNS proxy agent was unable to read the local list of name-resolution servers from the registry. The data is the error code."

just don't know what to do!

this link may be of use to you.

it seems that when 2 or more PC's are internet sharing (ie using one as a gateway onto the www) a conflict arises, here are some fixes.

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=31008&eventno=539&source=ipnathlp&phase=1

hope this helps you out.

Thank you, it was a knowledgeable information. But didn't provide any solution. Bedsides, I am a single home wireless user with no sharing.

It looks to me as though the two devices are using identical IP addresses, which is a no-no. (192.168.1.1 is the same as 192.168.1.100)
Change the default address of the router.

It looks to me as though the two devices are using identical IP addresses, which is a no-no. (192.168.1.1 is the same as 192.168.1.100)
Change the default address of the router.

I checked the Routers general setup page and the followings are there:

Local IP address: 192.168.1.1
Starting IP address: 192.168.1.100

So which one do you want me to change?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.