Hello all,
I'm thinking about doing a software which does a suggestion based file search of linux files. Juz like the google suggest feature, this software should display suggestions dynamically when a character is typed.. Is such a software possible in linux? Can anyone lead me in the right direction as i dont know where to start in this project..Plz help..

Thanks in advance...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Everything is possible... Well, first you need to choose a programming language, i recommend you to make a reseach and find out what is the most suitable to make a suggestion based file search of linux files. Then get some tutorials, and start building it, if you get stuck use your best friend to help you (Google), if after your research you are still stuck, use a programming forum where you can ask for help, you can use daniweb forum to ask your questions. If I didn't answer your questions, please be more specific.

Dan08

Everything is possible... Well, first you need to choose a programming language, i recommend you to make a reseach and find out what is the most suitable to make a suggestion based file search of linux files. Then get some tutorials, and start building it, if you get stuck use your best friend to help you (Google), if after your research you are still stuck, use a programming forum where you can ask for help, you can use daniweb forum to ask your questions. If I didn't answer your questions, please be more specific.

Dan08

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.