Hi,
I have Redhat 9.0 OS on my system. It came with CD writer software. I am able to play CD without any issues. But the CD writer software is not working. Is there any that I am missing, or any thing that I have to download on my PC.

Vijay.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

There are a few different things that could cause the problem. Can you give us more specific info to help us narrow things down:

- Which exact burning program are you using?

- You say the software "is not working"; please give us more detail on that. Do you get error messages? If so, what exactly do the errors say?

- Does the burning software even recognize that the CD drive is physically present?

- What types of files are you trying to burn (music, data, etc.?)

- As root, open a terminal window, type the following command, and see if your CD drive is detected:

cdrecord -scanbus

Hi,
I have Redhat 9.0 OS on my system. It came with CD writer software. I am able to play CD without any issues. But the CD writer software is not working. Is there any that I am missing, or any thing that I have to download on my PC.

Vijay.

Hello...does redhat come with K3b ? K3b is an awesome cd burner app.I simply put in a cd and click copy ,and in four or five minutes I have a hard copy of the cd to play in the car or wherever.You can apt-get K3b
Maybe your cd writng software has to be set up .try opening up your cd writer and right click on it to see if a set up page comes up.If it does set yourself as an expert in the 'beginner,intermediate,expert' setting box...One more thing have you tried mepis? Definately one of the easiest to put on the hard drive,and really point and click action(No seting of drivers and such.All auto-detect)....have a good one...k :D :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.