Does someone have a clue?

I've tried to burn an audio cd with nero and with cd creator 5, but neither one works. When I click burn or record I get this message saying......
Nero says"Sorry, your compilation cannot be written on this kind of disc. Please insert a disc of the correct type or modify the settings of your compilation settings to make it compatible with the current disc".
Cd creator 5 says please insert a blank cd.
The same thing happens when burning a data cd.
I've tried different brand of cd's expensive ones cheaper ones but its always the same thing. The weird thing is that if I use a cd rw it will work no problem.

Any idea what the problem could be?

I'm using a Matshita CW-7585

Thank you!

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by goldeagle2005

I've tried to burn an audio cd with nero and with cd creator 5, but neither one works. When I click burn or record I get this message saying......
Nero says, "Sorry, your compilation cannot be written on this kind of disc. Please insert a disc of the correct type or modify the settings of your compilation settings to make it compatible with the current disc".

Within a drive, the actual physical mechanism differs from Rs to RWs. You might try a CD-Cleaner disc (with little brushes on it). You may even find one at a dollar store! I see them there all the time.

Failing that, you may have to replace the drive. There's not much you, as an end-user, can do beyond that, unfortunately...

Nero says"Sorry, your compilation cannot be written on this kind of disc. Please insert a disc of the correct type or modify the settings of your compilation settings to make it compatible with the current disc".
I've tried different brand of cd's expensive ones cheaper ones but its always the same thing. The weird thing is that if I use a cd rw it will work no problem.

Thank you!

Is your blank CDR's 650MB/74Mins, but your CD-RW's are actually 700MB/80Mins? Try burning fewer songs to see if that solves it.

Thank you!

Hi Daniela, Im having the same problem you are having, did any of the solutions on the post work? thanx.

Hi Daniela, Im having the same problem you are having, did any of the solutions on the post work? thanx.

Iam having a similar problem. How did you solve your problem.

If you can burn RW, but not R, and the disc is fine, the problem lies in the recorder itself. See if you can get it serviced, or get a new one.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.