Hello all, im a brand new newbie and need some help with a web server I have been trying to set up. I curently own a url and i followed directions to make my own server and im now stuck. I changed my DNS with zoneedit and I have a computer set up with apache. What I have now is a local ip address, 192.168.1.xxx and what step I want to take now is how to set up an IP address to go to when any user goes to my url. I have a linksys router and have set it up to send port 80 to that IP. This step may be obvious, but I cant find the answer. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Update: Im able to view my page by going to the url, however no one else can view it. See if you can www.ryan-klug.com What am i doing wrong!

Is this a home brewed webserver?

Well i sorta fixed it. What I did wrong was issue my url with a local ip address, what i needed to do was put it with my WAN ip. However, when I do so, it takes me to my dsl modem configration, not the router nor the computer I want it to go to.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.