Since my remote server was recently migrated I am receiving an error message generally which goes like this
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(c:/wampserver/tmp/sess_4bkd7oiqmi7298mhikv09447t6, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/safetyte/public_html/portal/woodwork_sub/ws_member_profile.php on line 2
Lines 1 and 2 are
<?php
session_start();
This message is coming from the remote server but refers to a folder on my local computer. This message is displayed on any computer that links to http://www.safetytestingonline.com/portal/woodwork_sub/ws_member_profile.php as well as several other online links, though not all.
Any help would be appreciated. My webhost isn't doing much for me.

Contributors
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Assembly Guy

open(c:/wampserver/tmp/sess_4bkd7oiqmi7298mhikv09447t6, O_RDWR

It's trying to open a session file using a Windows-style filepath... That's odd. It might be a configuration parameter being set inside your PHP code, for example:

ini_set('session.savepath', 'c:/wampserver/tmp/')

You shouldn't need a line like the above, but it sounds like someone/something put that into your code, which means that the live copy will be trying to open a file in a path which doesn't exist, hence your error messages. Without this option, PHP will stick to its configuration file on the web server, which will normally be the system default.

Edited by Assembly Guy

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.