Since my remote server was recently migrated I am receiving an error message generally which goes like this
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(c:/wampserver/tmp/sess_4bkd7oiqmi7298mhikv09447t6, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/safetyte/public_html/portal/woodwork_sub/ws_member_profile.php on line 2
Lines 1 and 2 are
<?php
session_start();
This message is coming from the remote server but refers to a folder on my local computer. This message is displayed on any computer that links to http://www.safetytestingonline.com/portal/woodwork_sub/ws_member_profile.php as well as several other online links, though not all.
Any help would be appreciated. My webhost isn't doing much for me.

open(c:/wampserver/tmp/sess_4bkd7oiqmi7298mhikv09447t6, O_RDWR

It's trying to open a session file using a Windows-style filepath... That's odd. It might be a configuration parameter being set inside your PHP code, for example:

ini_set('session.savepath', 'c:/wampserver/tmp/')

You shouldn't need a line like the above, but it sounds like someone/something put that into your code, which means that the live copy will be trying to open a file in a path which doesn't exist, hence your error messages. Without this option, PHP will stick to its configuration file on the web server, which will normally be the system default.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.