i would really like to install backtrack for my security purposes put when i have the CD what do i actually do i heard it is a bit tricky to install and log in and what interface to use and to setup you pci cards and stuff
if there is anybody who has experience with backtrack could you send us a link or give me a brief tutorial

cheers
bondi 007:)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I have downloaded BT2 Linux and I'll be testing it within this week. I'll post a review of it in my blog and possibly on daniweb too. So keep tuned :-).

cheers for testing this out and letting me know about it

it's live system
just boot that CD and here you go

but i was thinking of installing it on to my system and i want to know how to use the '' i think its called command prompt'' anyway i want to learn how to install it and to use some of the tools

cheers

it's quite easy to use. it's a livecd and bootable, so there's no need to install anything.

and i want to know how to use the '' i think its called command prompt''

you mean the linux command shell?
most of the tools included have a graphical interface, so that shouldn't be a problem, but if you're considering installing linux, learning to use the command shell is -to a certain extent- almost obligatory.
for that, i'd recommend you to The Linux Documentation Project.

hope this helped
pygmalion

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.