Member Avatar for iamthwee

What is the best way to improve performance get new graphics card or more ram? (This is for compiz and wobblie windows.)

I have a G- force twoo card and 512mb ddr of ram. PLease advise.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You definitely need more RAM.

Um just wondering iamthwee but why are you speaking like a newb?

Member Avatar for iamthwee

well my school friend said the ram won't do much, he said it was all down to the graphics card. Its a prety old graphic card.

If I get more ram will 1GB be ok?

>well my school friend said the ram won't do much, he said it was all down to the graphics card
What you need to understand is that a single component of hardware doesn't determine the entire speed of the machine. You're only as fast as your slowest bottleneck, and the key is to eliminate that. In your case, your RAM is a major bottleneck, so you're going to need to upgrade that to at least 1 gigabyte. Your old video card is probably another bottleneck. Upgrade that. Eventually you'll get to the point where the cost of upgrading components to eliminate all the bottlenecks becomes so great that it would be cheaper to just buy a new computer, so use discretion when upgrading parts in your computer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.