Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by uniquestar

Well, you can put it on a Mac, it just won't run. :-)

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac is the latest version available (there's supposedly a new one for the Intel platform being developed right now, but haven't heard much more than that).

i think you can get openoffice for the mac though. Its pretty good but doesnt work with the 2007 format documents and doesnt do MS access

i think you can get openoffice for the mac though. Its pretty good but doesnt work with the 2007 format documents and doesnt do MS access

OpenOffice for Mac is basically a Darwin binary of the Unix source code. There shouldn't be any functional differences between OO for Mac and OO for, say, Linux.

OO is developed as cross platform, so apart from some OS-Standard menus/buttons, its practically the same on all platforms.

how can it be

printing etc.... is not standard

If you mean that it doesn't use the standard Mac OS X print dialog, then yes, you are correct. I believe it uses the same print interface as any Unix program would, though (which works fine).

i mean, how does it know to use the windies printer subsystems, cups, lpr , whatever?

wouldnt that involve rewriting a lot

i mean, how does it know to use the windies printer subsystems, cups, lpr , whatever?

wouldnt that involve rewriting a lot

If you think in perspective with the whole O-O Project, then a re-write for printing is only a small percentage of the code.

big rewrite? maybe, if its one person, but for a large project like this?, not really, not compared to everything else.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.