Hey guys,
can someone tell me where or how I can get an OS9 system installer file to install on my iMacs (G4's) to run next to OSX.3.5 ?
Jaguar installed it automatically. Panther doesn't, unfortunately.
Thx in advance!

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Chimney

Unfortunately Apple decided that there is enough support out for OS X nowadays that OS9 is not needed. But that isn't necessarily so if you're one of those who runs a lot of old classic apps. If you have Jaguar installed with OS9, you can upgrade to Panther while keeping your OS9 intact.

Otherwise, if you did a fresh install of Panther, you should still be able to install OS9 off of your Jaguar cd.

Votes + Comments
Awesome. I didn't know that OS 9 was still on the Jaguar CD!

Unfortunately Apple decided that there is enough support out for OS X nowadays that OS9 is not needed. But that isn't necessarily so if you're one of those who runs a lot of old classic apps. If you have Jaguar installed with OS9, you can upgrade to Panther while keeping your OS9 intact.

Otherwise, if you did a fresh install of Panther, you should still be able to install OS9 off of your Jaguar cd.

Thx, CSCgal. That's helpful.
Ciao,
Chimney

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.