I'm on a G4 PowerBook (10.2.8) and have a HP Laserjet 1300 printer with it.
I have a G3 PowerBook(8.5.1) and an Apple Personal LaserWriter 300 printer.
I have transferred stuff on my hard drive (G3) to my (G4) since I have to turn
in my old machine. Would like to be able to print my files on my LaserWriter
1300 since most of them are opening on Classic system and are looking for
that specific printer. I was told that the adaptor wouldn't work since I did not
have the correct print drivers???? Shouldn't it be with the stuff I transferred?
I'm confused..... Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I was told that the adaptor wouldn't work since I did not
have the correct print drivers???? Shouldn't it be with the stuff I transferred?

Not unless you transfered all the system files too.. and since Classic won't run if it's < OS9, it's rather doubtful that stuff made it there. That being said, there is no OS X driver specifically for Personal LW 300. There is one for PLW 320 and PLW NTR (not sure what NTR is). I would try the one for the 320 first. Even the Generic one should work.

However, if you're having troubles seeing the printer, you probably need a driver for the USB-> Serial adapter.

Hello,

Back in the day, I was able to use the 320 driver for the personal laserwriter LS. It slowed down the printing a little bit, but the greyscale was smoother with the newer driver. The LS is *not* a postscript printer.

Christian

Thanks for the info! KC

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.