hey guys ihave run into a dilemma , i have a usb memory stick with 16 mb of space on it and i dont know how to access it . im running windows nt ,, any help is appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

you shuold be able to just put the stick into the USB port and windows should recognize it on it's own. then go to my computer~> and there should be an icon for the memory stick. double click it to open it and see the files.

yeah i didnt try restarting the computer, but it didnt prompt anything.... is there a way that i could find it in dos?

Not that I know of (in DOS). You need something like WinXP that detects hardware, installs drivers, and mounts volumes on the fly (i.e. plug 'n' play)

darn , oh well so much for that nifty invention peice of crap cost me 30$ ... shoulda saved up for a good video card

Hi,

I seem to remember that Windows NT does not support USB....
That's why 2000 and XP were created, right ?

Cheers!

uhhh my friend has a usb mouse on win 98.....

Whats the brandname of that USB device? XLULUX

hey guys ihave run into a dilemma , i have a usb memory stick with 16 mb of space on it and i dont know how to access it . im running windows nt ,, any help is appreciated

Right click mycomputer/properties /device manager /and make sure that the univirsal serial bus ,is installed and working [no yellow ! marks] .If its installed and working ,when you plug in your new device windows should see it, and or maybe prompt for drivers for the device .
Does it show up in mycomputer as a storage device ,try right clicking on a file and choose send to and see if it offers the device as a place to send the file to!!:)

Hi,

Ok your friend has W98 and a USB mouse...that's fine...
You state that you have Windows NT running and try to use a USB stick...
Windows NT does not support USB, you'll need to migrate to W2000 or WXp just like I had to do....

Good luck !

Hi xlulux,

I've a USB driver.exe for NT. So U don't have to move to an other OS. Just write me your Emailaddress, then I'll send it to U.

Greets

Windows NT does not regonize a memory stick using USB port. Is there some work around?

Dear Sir,

I would be glad if you could send me this usb-driver too. I am working with windows nt myself and have the same problem you have discussed about.
My e-mail-adress is: csac7189@uibk.ac.at

Kind regards,

john80n

Hi xlulux,

I've a USB driver.exe for NT. So U don't have to move to an other OS. Just write me your Emailaddress, then I'll send it to U.

Greets

I like to have the USB driver.exe for NT. My email address is homeplace@yahoo.com. Thank you!

Hi xlulux,

Greets

hey guys ihave run into a dilemma , i have a usb memory stick with 16 mb of space on it and i dont know how to access it . im running windows nt. Any help is appreciated

Most versions of Windows NT didn't have USB drivers to start with, let alone memory-stick drivers -- they may be included in one of the service packs. You should also check the manufacturer's website for NT drivers.

Hi xlulux,

Greets

Hi if you still have that driver for NT could I please have a copy my e-mail is

dave.ward4@ntlworld.com.

Can you change the extension from exe to xxx as my firewall stops some exe files being passed

Hopefully thanks for the help:) :)

Please do NOT leave your email details in this topic expecting a driver to be sent to you.

The offer to send a driver was made once, quite some time back. Leaving your email address in public view on a website is not a wise paractice.

If you scroll back to member caperjack's comment, you'll find a link to a website from where you can download a suitable driver for the purpose.

Hi xlulux,

Greets

I want one too!

Hi xlulux,

Greets

I want one too! casperjrleo@yahoo.com

You will find a USB driver for Windows NT by clicking on the link posted above by Caperjack.

Please do NOT ask for people to post their email address. Please do NOT leave your email address on public display. Use the Personal Message system if you need to.

Topic Closed!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.