Whenever you enter the first letter of someplace you'd like to go in the Safari search window a dropdown list of places you've already been to pops up. Some sites I wish were not there. Is there anyway to turn this feature off.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I searched around the preferences menus and don't think this is possible. Safari keeps a listing of your history. If you don't want anyone else who uses your computer to know you've been somewhere, don't go there in the first place. Sorry, not a solution, but it is an answer :(

I'm not a Mac guy, but whenever I've had a problem on mac's, the solution has always been to delete the app's preference file. I'm sure thats similar to the solution here ;-).

While replying to your message before, I tried deleting my history in my preferences and the dropdown still didn't go away. However, when I delete the history in my Windows Internet Explorer the dropdown clears itself at the same time. Have you tried IE for the Mac yet?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.