gedafe 0 Newbie Poster

Ok,

First off, I need to shoot myself for not creating a backup of my HD when upgrading to Tiger. I never had problems until now. Oh well... Okay, here's my issue: I successfully installed Tiger onto my G4 Mac. It has all the required hardware/software for the upgrades, and I didn't get any error messages. However, when it restarted, up popped the apple logo with the spinny-circle underneath, and then a minute later, up popped the "not allowed" slash with the spinny-circle underneath. It never went on to load, and after 20 min, I re-installed again with the same issue (x3). Any idea how to get it to move on? The reason why I don't start from a clean formatted drive is because I have a ton of photos on the HD that my wife took of our baby. I'm in a lot of hot water for that. However, if there's no way to make Tiger work, then question 2 is, "is there a way to save the photos?"

Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.