i own a 15" powerbook with the built-in bluetooth, but i wish to use an external usb Bluetooth adapter frm Belkin because it offers better connectivity range(farther than the built-in). so what i want to do is to disable the built-in bluetooth and use the external adapter instead. how can i do this?

thnx.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I don't think you can. And I don't believe that the Belkin USB Bluetooth woull offer you a much longer range either...

surely u just leave the internal as it is and use bluetooth setup manager or something to that effect to set it up, or the driver cd that will come with it?

It can be done.
There is a program that comes with the developer tools (on the os x install disk) called bluetooth explorer. You can choose which bluetooth adaptor you wish to use in the program under the Utilities/HCI Controller menu item. This allows you do disable the internal adaptor and use an external adaptor. I have tried it on 10.4 and it works great.

Andrew Webberley

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.