When starting up my PowerBook running OS10.3.9, I'm asked for a user password. After about 3 months of always accepting the password and continuing on with the start-up, the password is now NOT being accepted and therefore the start-up is stalled at that password screen. No new software has been added recently that I can think of. Any help out there as to why a user password would change, or more critically, what I can do to get my PowerBook to complete its start-up?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello,

Is there something about the password that could be different, such as is your caps lock on or not?

Do you have any other accounts on the machine, such as another administrator account, or did you enable the root account? If so, you can get into the machine from there, and do some password management on the original account.

Let us know,

Christian

Thanks... I was able to start up from my installation CD, and was then able to reset my password. Still no clue as to why my original password stopped being valid, but at least the start-up could complete now.

When starting up my PowerBook running OS10.3.9, I'm asked for a user password. After about 3 months of always accepting the password and continuing on with the start-up, the password is now NOT being accepted and therefore the start-up is stalled at that password screen. No new software has been added recently that I can think of. Any help out there as to why a user password would change, or more critically, what I can do to get my PowerBook to complete its start-up?

I am having the same problem with my Sony Vaio, every blue moon, the user password does not get accepted for some reason. I may have it narrowed down to a program that I use. Yesterday I used Macromedia Flash MX, and then this morning, boom, did not take my password. Do you use Flash Mx, if not, what other programs did you use the day before you had the problem or the day you turned off the computer prior to trying to start it up. To get mine to boot, I started it in the safe mode by turning it off and on, it did NOT take the pass word, however, it allowed me to get on as a default user, then, that allowed me to do a system restore, to the previous day, then, all was well, it took my password again. I really think it does have something to do with usning Flash. Let me know, Chris

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.